Search the Blog
Latest Blog Posts
- Private Investment Fund Accounting, Operations and Compliance Forum 2015
- Family Office Exchange Financial Executives Forum
- Backstop Solutions Group Acquires Cogency Software
- Unified Accounting and Portfolio Management
- Aurora Investment Management Selects Cogency as its Operational Management Platform
- Cogency Wins Best Fund of Hedge Fund Software for 2014
INDUSTRY EVENT | August 20-21 | San Francisco, CA
We are excited to be sponsoring the upcoming Private Investment Fund Accounting, Operations & Compliance Forum in San Francisco. This two-day conference provides tips and techniques for private equity funds, hedge funds, and fund of funds to maximize operational efficiency while minimizing overall costs. Receive a wide variety of expert guidance from some of the industry’s most active and cutting-edge experts.
INDUSTRY EVENT | July 21-22 | Chicago, IL
We are excited to be presenting at the Family Office Exchange Financial Executives Forum in Chicago. This two-day conference is the premier event for critical family office updates and best practices.
Chicago, June 1, 2015 - Backstop Solutions Group, a leading provider of cloud-based solutions purpose-built for the institutional investment industry today announces it has acquired Cogency Software, a leading provider of accounting solutions for multi-manager investment firms.
Join us for a demonstration of Cogency's integrated partnership accounting and portfolio management system.
As an institutional investor, you face operational complexities as your portfolio broadens and your business evolves. Perhaps you now invest across different asset classes or run pooled vehicles that require hedge fund and private equity partnership accounting.
Premier Fund of Hedge Funds Selects Cogency to Support Operational Growth
Burlingame, CA – April 6, 2015 – Cogency Software, a leading provider of software and services for institutional investors, today announced that Aurora Investment Management L.L.C. selected Cogency for its partnership accounting and portfolio management platform.
Cogency is honored to receive the 2014 Wealth & Money Management Award for Best Fund of Hedge Fund Software Software in the United States. The award welcomed nominations from across the globe and recognized leading achievements within the investment and financial services community. Recipients include a wide range of professionals and firms including asset managers, wealth managers, private bankers, family offices, and financial technology providers.
If you invest into closed-end, draw-down, private equity funds you know that it can often feel like you're sailing in dark waters. There are few operational standards, few means of enforcement, and a general lack of visibility in this murky environment. Given these challenges, chances are that your investment operations could use refinement in order to keep up with the growth of your private equity portfolio.
- Unified Accounting for Institutional Investors
- Financial Software: Hosted or In-House?
- 12 ways to Get More Value from Cogency
- Visualizing Equalization Accounting for Alternative Investment Firms
- A Taxonomy for Multi-Asset-Class Portfolios
- Untangling the Liquidity Knot
- How Today's Funds of Hedge Funds Are Behaving Differently than in 2008
- Forged in the Fires of Real-World Usage
- Cogency: Where Accounting Meets Operations