Join us for a demonstration of Cogency's integrated partnership accounting and portfolio management system.
As an institutional investor, you face operational complexities as your portfolio broadens and your business evolves. Perhaps you now invest across different asset classes or run pooled vehicles that require hedge fund and private equity partnership accounting.
Premier Fund of Hedge Funds Selects Cogency to Support Operational Growth
BURLINGAME, CA – April 6, 2015 – Cogency Software, a leading provider of software and services for institutional investors, today announced that Aurora Investment Management L.L.C. selected Cogency for its partnership accounting and portfolio management platform.
Cogency is honored to receive the 2014 Wealth & Money Management Award for Best Fund of Hedge Fund Software Provider in the United States. The award welcomed nominations from across the globe and recognized leading achievements within the investment and financial services community. Recipients include a wide range of professionals and firms including asset managers, wealth managers, private bankers, family offices, and financial technology providers.
If you invest into closed-end, draw-down, private equity funds you know that it can often feel like you're sailing in dark waters. There are few operational standards, few means of enforcement, and a general lack of visibility for investors in these murky conditions. Given these challenges, chances are that your operations could use some refinement in order to catch up with the growth of your business. It may be time to bring your private equity operations up to par with the control that you have over your other asset classes.
As an institutional investor, you face operational complexities as your portfolio broadens and your business evolves. Perhaps you invest across different asset classes like marketable positions, private equity, and hedge funds. Maybe you run pooled vehicles that require both hedge fund and private equity partnership accounting.
If this sounds like your firm, then you certainly know the challenges of keeping your operations in-sync with the evolving nature of your investments and investors. Do you have a straight-through processing solution that can handle your operational needs? If the answer is no, don’t worry, you’re not alone.
We are often asked about hosted versus in-house deployment by perspective clients. At Cogency, we are proud to be platform agnostic and make an extra effort to offer a solution that works in both environments. This flexibility gives our clients the freedom to choose the best approach for their organizations.
So how do you know which approach is right for you?
We are excited to be sponsoring the upcoming Private Investment Fund Accounting, Operations & Compliance Forum in New York City. This two-day conference provides tips and techniques for private equity funds, hedge funds, and fund of funds to maximize operational efficiency while minimizing overall costs.
- Learn how to fine-tune your back and middle office culture to minimize risk and maximize productivity
- Understand recent and upcoming developments from the SEC, FASB, the IRS and other governing bodies
- Learn how to be ready for an SEC examination and what to expect throughout the process
- Hear and share war stories and lessons learned from becoming FATCA compliant
- Learn how to protect your fund by identifying and avoiding operational risk
- Expand your network of industry peers and hear what they are doing
- 12 ways to Get More Value from Cogency in 2014
- Blurring the Lines Between Asset Allocators and Asset Managers
- Visualizing Equalization Accounting for Alternative Investment Firms
- Endowments and Pensions Diversifying into Alternatives
- A Taxonomy for Multi-Asset-Class Portfolios
- Untangling the Liquidity Knot
- How FOHFs today are behaving differently than in 2008
- Forged in the Fires of Real-World Usage
- Cogency: Where Accounting Meets Operations